Caiati Gallery | Roberto Caiati
Caiati Old Masters was founded in 1991 by Roberto Caiati as a successor to the gallery originally created by Lino Caiati in 1950 based in Via Della Spiga, in the heart of Milan.
The gallery offers a selection of the finest examples of paintings and sculptures, stretching from the late Renaissance to the XIX century. The gallery bases its selection philosophy on four main categories: aesthetics, emotional appeal, historical importance and, last but not least, condition.
Caiati Old Masters, now located in Via Santa Marta, in the Cinque Vie district, aims to create an ideal atmosphere for the viewing of paintings by curators and collectors from all over the world.
The gallery regularly participates in the most important art fairs in Italy as well as abroad and issues a number of important monographs and catalogues from Giuseppe Bernardino Bison's monograph in 1998 to the "Arrival of the Bride" by Faustino Bocchi in 2009, and, in more recent years, “The Philosopher”, a newly discovered preparatory sketch for the De Humani Corporis Fabrica, Vesalio’s famous medical book, published in Basel in 1543.
Caiati Old Masters is now run by Roberto Caiati and his son, Mattia. They are in contact with the most prominent art dealers and auction houses in the world to ensure their clients can access the best pieces in the international arena.